Luxury clients will find a world of choice in Los Cabos
Los Cabos is home to some of the most luxurious hotel properties in Mexico. Several major international chains have properties here, with many more in the works. Properties have been built to reflect and enhance the stark desert beauty of their surroundings, making the overall vacation experience that much more rewarding. Whether it’s a five-star resort hotel or deluxe villa your clients are seeking, Los Cabos has the answer.
Hotels are primarily located in four different areas: Cabo San Lucas, where the Pacific meets the Sea of Cortes at a natural stone arch (“El Arco”) and where the majority of Los Cabos’ nightlife and dining is centered; San Jose del Cabo, a quaint colonial town to the northeast; and Cabo Real and Cabo del Sol, two deluxe golf resort areas located along the 20-mile corridor bordering the Sea of Cortes and home to world-class golf courses and luxury hotels. There are also several unique and independent properties positioned along the corridor, exclusive of these major resort areas.
Following are some of the finest properties in Los Cabos, all of which are classified as either Five-Star, Special Category or Gran Turismo–the highest level of luxury and service in Mexico hotels. (The properties are listed from north to south, from San Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas.)
* PRESIDENTE INTER-CONTINENTAL FORUM RESORT: An all-inclusive resort with 240 rooms in a three-story adobe complex. Located next to a fresh-water lagoon teeming with exotic birdlife. Features: four restaurants, two bars, swimming pool, tennis, disco.
* HOTEL PALMILLA: A hacienda-style hotel golf resort located on the Sea of Cortes. There are 91 rooms, eight two-bedroom suites and two villas. Features: Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course, pool, bar, restaurant, tennis, paddle tennis, scuba lessons/equipment, fishing fleet, conference facilities, wedding chapel.
* WESTIN REGINA RESORT LOS CABOS: A 243-room-and-suite cliffside resort overlooking the Sea of Cortes. Features: five free-form swimming pools, fitness center, sauna and steam rooms, lighted tennis courts and four restaurants, meeting facilities for up to 450 people.
* MELIA CABO REAL BEACH & GOLF RESORT: A 300-room oceanfront property in the heart of the Cabo Real Resort community, adjacent to the Cabo Real Robert Trent Jones II championship golf course. Features: Avanti-run spa, safe swimming beach, meeting facilities for up to 300 people.
* LAS VENTANAS AL PARAISO: “The Windows to Paradise” is an all-suite property with 61 guest rooms (averaging 960 square feet each), four one-bedroom superior suites and a three-bedroom presidential suite–all with wood-burning fireplaces and telescopes for viewing the starry night sky. Features: full-service spa, free-form swimming pool, two restaurants.
* CASA DEL MAR GOLF RESORT & SPA: Boutique hotel with 50 standard rooms and six junior suites with in-room Jacuzzi; right on the beach. Features: full-service European style spa, equestrian center, pool, bar, gourmet restaurant.
* MELIA LOS CABOS ALL SUITES, BEACH & GOLF RESORT: Located in the heart of the Cabo Real resort community, this hotel offers free shuttle service to the Robert Tent Jones II championship golf course. The property’s 150 suites all have terraces and ocean views. Features: two restaurants, the largest swimming pool in Los Cabos, full-service spa, convention facilities, lighted tennis courts, boutiques, A TV and horse rentals.
* HOTEL HACIENDA DEL MAR: Recently expanded (see page 3) all-suites hotel with hacienda-style architecture, adjacent to the Cabo del Sol Jack Nicklaus championship golf course. Features: two restaurants, tropical gardens, swimming pool, gym, private beach.
* VILLA DEL PALMAR CABO: Oil swimmable Medano Beach, this Mediterranean-style hotel has 334 rooms (125 were added last year) and has recently added a third pool. Features: fitness club/European health spa, two tiered/free-form swimming pool, tennis, two restaurants/bars.
* PUEBLO BONITO ROSE: This new hotel on Medano Beach, the flagship property of the Pueblo Bonito Hotel group, offers 260 suites on 5.5 acres of property. Features: full-service spa, shopping arcade.
* PUEBLO BONITO RESORT: Mediterranean-style property on Medano Beach, with 148 junior and luxury suites. Features: two restaurants, two bars, health club, free-form swimming, pool.
* HOTEL MELIA SAN LUCAS: On Medano Beach with a view of the Bay of Cabo San Lucas. Rooms: 132 doubles, 12 superior, three junior suites and three master suites. Features: two-tier/free-form pool, two restaurants, three bars, beauty salon, activities desk.
* MARINA FIESTA HOTEL & RESORT: The 155 one- and two bedroom units–with fully equipped kitchens–face the marina and the ocean. Features: The only hotel right on the marina, swimming pool with swim-up bar, sportfishing, gym and sun deck with Jacuzzi, restaurant.
* SOLMAR SUITES HOTEL: This property located on the tip of the Baja Peninsula on Solmar Beach consists of 90 junior suites; each room has a terrace and an ocean view. Features: two swimming pools with swim-up bars, Jacuzzi, aqua-aerobics pool, tennis courts, restaurant. Fishing, diving and other activities can be booked on the premises.
* TERRASOL BEACH RESORT-LOS CABOS: Low-rise resort on Solmar Beach with 65 one- to three-bedroom condos with fully equipped kitchens and private terraces. Features: three pools, health center, spa & beauty salon, lighted tennis courts, two bars, restaurant.
* HOTEL FINISTERRA: A total of 216 suites, junior suites and villas overlooking the Pacific and Solmar Beach. Features: two restaurants, three bars, three Jacuzzis, three pools, tennis courts,fishing fleet.
* PLAZA LAS GLORIAS: Hotel / condominium complex at the marina with 287 rooms, some with full kitchens, and views of Cabo San Lucas Bay. Features: swimming pool, water sports desk, three bars, a shopping mall with more than 80 stores, meeting space for 600.
Los Cabos Spas: The Ultimate in Healthy Indulgence
Help your clients discover the true meaning of rejuvenation at one of Los Cabos’ deluxe, full-service spas. The natural splendor of the desert terrain combined with the spirit-lifting power of the sea invites the tired, the wearyoand those who simply love to be pamperedoto rediscover themselves on a Los Cabos spa vacation. (For new additions to the spa scene, see page 3.) Some of the finest spa experiences can be found at the following hotels:
* Westin Regina Los Cabos: The spa here has a complete staff of specialists on hand to provide all the pampering your clients look for–from skin care and beauty services, to relaxation and massage, to exercise and fitness at all levels. Guests are entitled to free use of the weight room, sauna, steam room and whirlpool.
* Las Ventanas al Paraiso: This full-service spa property offers such deluxe treatments as a hot stone therapy massage and therapies performed in a private pavilion located right on the beach. Popular spa packages for men and women include the head-to-toe Reviver, the Half-Day Retreat and the Retreat at Las Ventanas, an all day regimen that leaves clients looking and feeling great.
* Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa: This 31- suite/25-room hotel overlooks the Sea of Cortes, and offers the luxury of a whirlpool in every room, plus a full-service European spa and seven swimming pools.
* Villa del Palmar Cabo: This European-style spa offers a Spa Sampler featuring all the newest spa innovations: a sea-salt blend body scrub, a hydrotherapy bath and a mini-massage.
* Pueblo Bonito Rose: Just opened on Dec. 20, the spa in this Medano Beach hotel features a beauty salon, “aquaerobics” in the pool, tennis instruction and personal trainers in its world-class fitness center.
* Melia Los Cabos All Suites Beach & Golf Resort: Avanti runs this full-service spa which offers state-of-the-art purifying hydrotherapy treatments and features all Pevonia body treatment products. The added bonus of this lovely spa is separate whirlpool steam rooms and saunas for men and women; the fitness center is shared.
When Only a Villa Will Do
There are several upscale communities in Los Cabos that are home to luxury, Mexican-style villas. For the utmost in privacy and comfort, help your clients find a villa that is right for them. The villas come in all shapes and sizes and often have special perks such as private swimming pools or fabulous ocean views–there is something to match everyone’s tastes. And living in a residential development, clients are likely to meet and socialize with local folks, and to learn the secrets of the area.
Several companies specialize in villa rentals in Los Cabos. Here are a few: Trading Places International, a 25-year veteran of the travel industry, manages two deluxe properties in Cabo San Lucas: Club Cascadas de Baja on Medano Beach and Los Cabos Golf Resort, home of the 18-hole Dye Championship Golf Course.
Each property offers a variety of accommodations from one-bedroom, hotel-size units, to deluxe multi-bedroom villas. The company’s representatives can arrange tee times, provide transportation to and from the airport and cover most any other needs your clients might have. Phone 800-365-9190, or visit the company’s Web site: www.tradingplaces.com.
Earth, Sea & Sky Tours, which prides itself on its ability to cater to the luxury traveler, currently represents 26 private villas and 12 beach resorts, all of which are of three- to five-star quality. Its services for Los Cabos visitors includes providing personal chefs, stocked refrigerators, and family-friendly extras such as day care, high chairs and car seats. They also recently hired a full-time representative in Los Cabos to meet and pamper guests upon their arrival.
Vacation rentals start at $49 a night, per person double, while villas range from three to 10 bedrooms and start at $300 a night. Golf, fishing and diving packages are also available through the company. Phone 800-745-2226, or log on at www.cabovillas.com or www.earthseasky.com. Free videos of the properties and an overview of the destination are supplied to agents upon request.